The social and political pressure on car manufacturers is growing all the time. Whether it be lithium-ion batteries or hydrogen fuel cells – the energy sources used in current electric vehicle concepts still cannot be produced or recycled in a sustainable, environmentally friendly manner. On top of this, they are incredibly costly and may be dogged by safety concerns. However, we are not looking to reinterpret electric mobility. Instead, nanoFlowcell® will fundamentally change electric mobility.
The production of electric vehicles is complex. Developing and manufacturing them calls for new know-how and the additional material requirements (battery) make electric vehicles not only heavier but also a lot more expensive.
nanoFlowcell® technology reduces system complexity, simplifies system integration and lowers the cost of production and maintenance compared with current standards in the field of electric vehicles which still rely on lithium-ion or fuel cell technology.
nanoFlowcell® is suitable for electrifying the drive system in motorcycles, cars, trucks, buses, rail vehicles and specialist vehicles. Thanks to the performance profile of nanoFlowcell®, the test phase of electric mobility involving numerous different approaches is now a thing of the past – future-proof plans for electric mobility are now possible for the first time ever. After all, electric vehicles driven by nanoFlowcell® offer industry and consumers a real alternative to vehicles with internal combustion engines and electric vehicles with conventional lithium-ion technology.
Mobility & Transport
The benefits of nanoFlowcell® technology
- Zero CO2, no emissions that are harmful to health or the environment
- No thermal collapse as is the case with lithium-ion batteries; bi-ION® electrolytes are neither explosive nor flammable, nor are they harmful to health or the environment
- Minimal structural safety requirements for cells and bi-ION® tanks, unrestricted design flexibility as there are no bulky battery packs or rigid fuel-cell architecture
- High system stability and maintenance-friendly technology with virtually no moving parts (nanoFlowcell®)
- Long-lasting cell / cell membrane; virtually unlimited shelf life for electrolyte liquids (no diesel or petrol bug)
- Virtually no self-discharge and immunity to deep discharge
- Lighter and cheaper than drives with lithium-ion batteries or internal combustion engines
- User-friendly energy (no cumbersome and lengthy battery charging, just quick refuelling at a normal fuel pump)