The need for mobile energy is increasing all the time. In many places, primary or secondary batteries or even diesel-powered generators are being used as energy sources to supply electricity for mobile applications. To date, there was no choice but to accept the downsides of these energy sources. nanoFlowcell® is a mobile energy source that offers an uncompromising alternative in many respects, one which can be optimally adapted to a wide range of requirement profiles.
Numerous mobile systems require mobile electricity. Most of them use primary or secondary batteries or even diesel-powered generators as energy sources to supply electricity for mobile applications. The systems range from construction machinery, pumping equipment for wells, mobile lighting systems for road and building construction and mobile cooling systems to telecommunication installations and mobile weather stations.
Primary and secondary batteries have a number of disadvantages including their short operating life, weight, gassing, self-discharging and thermal instability. At the same time, diesel-powered generators have a negative impact on the environment owing to noise and high emissions. To date, there was no choice but to accept these downsides as a compromise.
nanoFlowcell® offers a high-performance, economical alternative to primary and secondary battery systems and diesel or petrol-powered electricity generators for applications dependent on mobile energy. The most important attributes of nanoFlowcell® in this context are its reliability and low maintenance requirements (virtually no moving parts) and the fact that it is harmless to health and the environment, safe to use and cost-effective.
Mobile Electricity Supply
The benefits of nanoFlowcell® technology
- Scalable size (capacity)
- Long operating life, reliable and easy to maintain
- nanoFlowcell® membrane with virtually unlimited shelf life and no loss of performance
- bi-ION® electrolytes have a virtually unlimited shelf life and are not explosive, flammable or toxic
- High system stability and safety during operation; not susceptible to thermal runaway
- Zero emissions and noiseless (no negative impact on flora and fauna)
- nanoFlowcell® is “charged” by refilling (fuelling) the bi-ION® electrolyte tanks
- No transport restrictions (by road, rail, water or air)